Hip surgery can be a life-changing event, especially if you are someone who has been struggling with chronic hip pain for a long time. Once you have completed the surgery, you may think that your journey towards recovery is over, but that’s not always the case. In most cases, undergoing physical therapy after hip surgery is absolutely necessary for successful healing. In this blog post, we will explore why physical therapy is so important after hip surgery and how POSMC (Plano Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center) can help you achieve a full recovery.
1. Reducing Pain and Swelling: Once you have undergone hip surgery, your muscles and joints will need time to heal. Physical therapy can help by using stretching and strengthening exercises to improve your mobility and range of motion. These exercises also promote better blood flow and lymphatic drainage, which can help reduce pain and swelling.
2. Restoring Function: Physical therapy can improve your balance, strength, and coordination, which are all essential for your ability to walk, climb stairs, and perform daily activities. By implementing functional training and other special exercises, your physical therapist can help you return to your normal activities as soon as possible.
3. Personalized Care: At POSMC, you will receive personalized care that is tailored to your individual needs and goals. Our team of physical therapists is trained in a variety of techniques, including manual therapy, aquatic therapy, and neuro-muscular re-education. This allows us to develop a program that works for you and your specific condition.
4. Avoiding Complications: If you do not complete physical therapy after hip surgery, you may experience complications such as stiffness, weakness, and reduced range of motion. You may also be at a greater risk of developing deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (PE). Physical therapy can help you avoid these complications and ensure that you have a successful recovery.
5. Emotional Support: Finally, physical therapy can provide you with emotional support during a difficult time. Our physical therapists are compassionate and understanding, and will support you throughout your recovery journey. This can help improve your overall well-being and lead to a faster recovery.
In conclusion, physical therapy after hip surgery is crucial for a successful recovery. By improving mobility, reducing pain, and restoring function, physical therapy can help you return to your normal activities as soon as possible. At POSMC, we are committed to providing our patients with personalized care that is tailored to their needs and goals. We will work with you every step of the way to ensure that you achieve a full recovery and get back to the life you love. So, if you or someone you know is in need of physical therapy after hip surgery, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you.
Richardson Therapy Center
Contact Us Directly: 972-250-5690
2040 E. Pres. George Bush Hwy Suite. 100
Richardson, TX 75082
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.